Skip to main content

My Top 10 Favourite Books of 2015

Since I read so many good books last year I really thought it might be great to do a top 10 favourite books of last year and I hope you enjoy very much.

10. Amy & Rodger's Epic Detour - Morgan Matson
Morgan Matson is one of my all time favourite authors so of course one of her books had to make it onto this list and Amy & Rodger's Epic Detour stole my heart, it was cute, adorable, sad and also very creative as it includes pictures, playlists, menus. receipts, etc.

Goodreads Synopsis - Amy & Rodger's Epic Detour - Amy Curry is not looking forward to her summer. Her mother decided to move across the country and now it's Amy's responsibility to get their car from California to Connecticut. The only problem is, since her father died in a car accident, she isn't ready to get behind the wheel. Enter Roger. An old family friend, he also has to make the cross-country trip - and has plenty of baggage of his own. The road home may be unfamiliar - especially with their friendship venturing into uncharted territory - but together, Amy and Roger will figure out how to map their way.

9. To All The Boys I've Loved Before - Jenny Han
This was one of the most adorable, cute, fluffy book I read all year (apart from the sequel to this) but the main character, Lara Jean, is just the cutest character you will ever encounter + her sister, Kitty, is just, ugh, so cute and will be your favourite. This plot was just really unique and interesting and intrigued me plus who doesn't love a good fluffy contemporary.

Goodreads Synopsis - To All The Boys I've Loved Before - To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is the story of Lara Jean, who has never openly admitted her crushes, but instead wrote each boy a letter about how she felt, sealed it, and hid it in a box under her bed. But one day Lara Jean discovers that somehow her secret box of letters has been mailed, causing all her crushes from her past to confront her about the letters: her first kiss, the boy from summer camp, even her sister's ex-boyfriend, Josh. As she learns to deal with her past loves face to face, Lara Jean discovers that something good may come out of these letters after all.

8. Trouble - Non Pratt
This is probably the book that I recommended the most last year because it was truly amazing, the writing in this was perfect and the characters are just real and relatable and she takes a very serious topic (teen pregnancy) and wrote it brilliantly and the storyline + plot twist and even the ending in this book was just done perfectly, this was the year I fell in love with Non Pratt...

Goodreads Synopsis -  Trouble -
When the entire high school finds out that Hannah Shepard is pregnant via her ex-best friend, she has a full-on meltdown in her backyard. The one witness (besides the rest of the world): Aaron Tyler, a transfer student and the only boy who doesn’t seem to want to get into Hannah’s pants. Confused and scared, Hannah needs someone to be on her side. Wishing to make up for his own past mistakes, Aaron does the unthinkable and offers to pretend to be the father of Hannah’s unborn baby. Even more unbelievable, Hannah hears herself saying “yes.”

Told in alternating perspectives between Hannah and Aaron, Trouble is the story of two teenagers helping each other to move forward in the wake of tragedy and devastating choices. As you read about their year of loss, regret, and hope, you’ll remember your first, real best friend—and how they were like a first love.


7. The Fill-in Boyfriend - Kasie West -
This was also the year I discovered and fell in love with Kasie West's writing. I picked up this book on a whim, not knowing much other than it was a cute contemporary and was totally surprised by how much I loved this book, the plot was such a great idea and the main male in this was so cute and I loved Gia as a person and Kasie West's writing style was just my cup of tea and I can not wait to read more of her in 2016.

Goodreads Synopsis - The Fill-in Boyfriend - When Gia Montgomery's boyfriend, Bradley, dumps her in the parking lot of her high school prom, she has to think fast. After all, she'd been telling her friends about him for months now. This was supposed to be the night she proved he existed. So when she sees a cute guy waiting to pick up his sister, she enlists his help. The task is simple: be her fill-in boyfriend—two hours, zero commitment, a few white lies. After that, she can win back the real Bradley.
The problem is that days after prom, it's not the real Bradley she's thinking about, but the stand-in. The one whose name she doesn't even know. But tracking him down doesn't mean they're done faking a relationship. Gia owes him a favor and his sister intends to see that he collects: his ex-girlfriend's graduation party—three hours, zero commitment, a few white lies.
Just when Gia begins to wonder if she could turn her fake boyfriend into a real one, Bradley comes waltzing back into her life, exposing her lie, and threatening to destroy her friendships and her new-found relationship.


6. Lola and the Boy Next Door - Stephanie Perkins -
I apologise for so many Young Adult Contemporaries but there was so many good ones I read this year and this is another one that I absolutely fell in complete love with, I read all of these 'Anna and the French kiss' books but this one came out as my favourite, I read it in one day and totally fell in love with Lola, she was an amazing character and I literally want to be her and plus Cricket (main male character) was the most adorable thing ever, the book just made me so happy and I wanted to re-read it or just have more of them. Praising Stephanie Perkins!!!

Goodreads Synopsis -  Lola and the boy next door - Lola Nolan is a budding costume designer, and for her, the more outrageous, sparkly, and fun the outfit, the better. And everything is pretty perfect in her life (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood. When Cricket, a gifted inventor, steps out from his twin sister's shadow and back into Lola's life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.

5. Red Queen - Victoria Aveyard -
At the start of 2015, this wasn't a book that really appealed to me but when I was going on Holidays and I saw this in the airport bookshop and just decided to pick it up, and I read the entire book in one day. This was such a great read and something I wouldn't have even thought about reading, first off the cover is beautiful, the storyline is so different, the characters were great and interesting + the main protagonist was a strong, female lead which is always a great thing and I literally haven't stopped thinking about this book since I finished it and I cannot wait for 'Glass Sword' (which I already have pre-ordered).

Goodreads Synopsis - Red Queen - This is a world divided by blood – red or silver.
The Reds are commoners, ruled by a Silver elite in possession of god-like superpowers. And to Mare Barrow, a seventeen-year-old Red girl from the poverty-stricken Stilts, it seems like nothing will ever change.
That is, until she finds herself working in the Silver Palace. Here, surrounded by the people she hates the most, Mare discovers that, despite her red blood, she possesses a deadly power of her own. One that threatens to destroy the balance of power.
Fearful of Mare’s potential, the Silvers hide her in plain view, declaring her a long-lost Silver princess, now engaged to a Silver prince. Despite knowing that one misstep would mean her death, Mare works silently to help the Red Guard, a militant resistance group, and bring down the Silver regime.
But this is a world of betrayal and lies, and Mare has entered a dangerous dance – Reds against Silvers, prince against prince, and Mare against her own heart ...


4. Forbidden - Tabitha Suzuma - 
This is a book that will encapture you with its synopsis, because it is about a brother and a sister.... who fall in love. I know it is an odd plot but trust me I thought this too and for quite awhile this was in my top 3 favourite books. This story is just so beautiful and you do not think that you will be rooting for the too main characters but you honestly will. It was just such a unique topic that just completely entranced me entirely and the story of Maya and Lochan will forever stay with me.

Goodreads Synopsis - Forbidden - She is pretty and talented - sweet sixteen and never been kissed. He is seventeen; gorgeous and on the brink of a bright future. And now they have fallen in love. But... they are brother and sister.
Seventeen-year-old Lochan and sixteen-year-old Maya have always felt more like friends than siblings. Together they have stepped in for their alcoholic, wayward mother to take care of their three younger siblings. As defacto parents to the little ones, Lochan and Maya have had to grow up fast. And the stress of their lives—and the way they understand each other so completely—has also also brought them closer than two siblings would ordinarily be. So close, in fact, that they have fallen in love. Their clandestine romance quickly blooms into deep, desperate love. They know their relationship is wrong and cannot possibly continue. And yet, they cannot stop what feels so incredibly right. As the novel careens toward an explosive and shocking finale, only one thing is certain: a love this devastating has no happy ending. 

3. The Infernal Devices - Cassandra Clare -
I'm kinda cheating here because my third favourite is a trilogy but I simply can not pick one from this. I loved all these books equally. This is simply a prequel to the Mortal Instruments, set in 1878, This was such a great add on to the Shadowhunters world. I actually loved this series much more than The Mortal Instruments. I just connected to the characters and storyline so much more. Will Heronadale will officially be my favourite book character. I can't even put how much I loved this trilogy into proper words.

Goodreads Synopsis - Clockwork Angel (Infernal Devices #1) - Clockwork Angel Synopsis - The year is 1878. Tessa Gray descends into London’s dark supernatural underworld in search of her missing brother. She soon discovers that her only allies are the demon-slaying Shadowhunters—including Will and Jem, the mysterious boys she is attracted to. Soon they find themselves up against the Pandemonium Club, a secret organization of vampires, demons, warlocks, and humans. Equipped with a magical army of unstoppable clockwork creatures, the Club is out to rule the British Empire, and only Tessa and her allies can stop them...

2. Firsts - Laurie Elizabeth Flynn -
Oh how much I loved this book!!! I literally was so captivated by this book, I should probably mention that this book still isn't available for purchase just yet. But this was just a wonderful book and I even have a full review of it here on my blog -- Firsts Review - I just loved Laurie's writing style, her characters and plot line and just absolutely everything and just wow, see, no words, just gonna let Goodreads talk.....

Goodreads Synopsis - Firsts - Seventeen-year-old Mercedes Ayres has an open-door policy when it comes to her bedroom, but only if the guy fulfills a specific criteria: he has to be a virgin. Mercedes lets the boys get their awkward, fumbling first times over with, and all she asks in return is that they give their girlfriends the perfect first time- the kind Mercedes never had herself.
Keeping what goes on in her bedroom a secret has been easy- so far. Her absentee mother isn’t home nearly enough to know about Mercedes’ extracurricular activities, and her uber-religious best friend, Angela, won’t even say the word “sex” until she gets married. But Mercedes doesn’t bank on Angela’s boyfriend finding out about her services and wanting a turn- or on Zach, who likes her for who she is instead of what she can do in bed.
When Mercedes’ perfect system falls apart, she has to find a way to salvage her reputation and figure out where her heart really belongs in the process. Funny, smart, and true-to-life, FIRSTS is a one-of-a-kind young adult novel about growing up.


1. All of the above - James Dawson -
And top place goes to the wonderful, amazing - All of the above by James Dawson, again I do not think I could put how much this book meant to me into proper words but I do also have a review for it her -- All of the above review , this book tackled so many serious topics, self -harm, depression, sexuality, eating disorder, bullying, etc, and James Dawson done it perfectly. The characters are people who will stick in your mind forever so will the story and everything and I just loved this book so so much and I do not know why this isn't talked about more and it just needs to be read by more people. Just a great story about growing up and dealing with life.

Goodreads Synopsis - All of the above - This is a funny and moving love story about friends, first loves and self-discovery by Queen of Teen 2014. When sixteen-year-old Toria Bland arrives at her new school she needs to work out who her friends are in a crazy whirl of worry, exam pressure and anxiety over fitting in. Things start looking up when Toria meets the funny and foul-mouthed Polly, who's the coolest girl that Toria has ever seen. Polly and the rest of the 'alternative' kids take Toria under their wing. And that's when she meets the irresistible Nico Mancini, lead singer of a local band - and it's instalove at first sight! Toria likes Nico, Nico likes Toria, but then there's Polly...love and friendship have a funny way of going round in circles.

So that was my top 10 favourite books of 2015, I obviously recommend reading any of these books this year if you haven't!!! I hope 2016 is a good reading year for all.!!!

Thanks for reading,
Bye, 
Jodi
x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

40 Beauty Questions Tag

These pictures have absolutely nothing to do with this tag but oh well! I was bored at home so I decided to do a few tags and this one was the first one I saw and is also the longest so lets get started andI also tag anyone who reads this to do it! SKINCARE 1. How many times do you wash your face daily? Mostly 2 times (morning and night) but if I'm having bad skin I'll do it 3 times. 2. What skin type do you have? (dry, oily, combo) I have oily skin but I've never been to a skin expert or anything so I'm completely sure. 3. What is your current face wash? I'm currently using the Simple kind to skin facial wash gel. 4. Do you exfoliate? Yes I do. 5. What brand do you use?  Clean & Clear. 6. What moisturiser do you use? Nivea Soft. 7. Do you have freckles? No, some on my shoulders. 8. Do you use eye cream? No, and I know I really should. 9. Do you or did you have acne-prone skin? I did whe...

The social media book tag

Hi, so I thought today I would do another book tag and I see this one around quite a lot and I have always wanted to do it, so here is the Social Media Book Tag, enjoy! 1. Twitter; Your favourite short book? Probably James Patterson's; Bloody Valentine, this was my first James Patterson book and I love horrible, disgusting killer stories so this was really perfect for me and I had never read anything like it up until then. 2. Facebook; A book everybody pressured you into reading? Anna and the French kiss. Don't get me wrong I loved this book so much but even though nobody directly told me to read it I still felt the pressure from afar, from social media itself (Youtube, Goodreads) but I do love the book so I am thankful for the pressure. 3. Tumblr;    A book you read before it was cool? Ah I don't think I have read a book before it was cool, but I'm going to go with a book that isn't out yet but when it is, it's going to blow up and that is Firsts by La...

Boyfriend Tag

Happy Valentines day!! I hope everyone has a great day today if you are doing something. I wanted to do another Valentines day post but not anything Makeup or Fashion so I decided to do a tag and it will be doing 'The Boyfriend Tag'. So now introducing my boyfriend Leon, and we have been together almost 4 years. And now lets just get straight into the tag..... 1. She's sitting in front of the TV, What's on the screen? L. Criminal Minds J. Yes but also Pretty Little Liars 2. You're out to eat, what dressing is on her salad? L. Caesar dressing J. Yes 3. One food she doesn't she like? L. Red Meat J. Yes, that and Beans 4. You go out to eat, what drink does she order? L. Usually Water J.Yep 5. What shoe size is she? L. Size 4 J. Yes but sometimes a 3 6 .If she was collecting anything what would it be? L. Magazines, Books and Makeup J. Yes. 7. Favourite type of sandwich? L. Chicken Sandwich J. Yes 8. What would she eat eve...