Hello, I wanted to do a post today about beauty tips for Teenagers, I made a lot of beauty/makeup mistakes growing up so I feel like I could give some tips now and I have a sister who is going to be a teenager in 2 years so I wanted something like this out there for her and girls like her so I hope you enjoy.
1. Less IS more.
From experience, less is definitely more, don't cake on foundation, eyeliner, eye shadow, blush, etc. It will ruin your skin in the long run and just isn't worth it.
Also with the 'Less is more', this also goes for price, you don't need to spend loads of money on makeup products, you can get reasonably cheap products that are still good quality - Primark Beauty + Essence.
2. Do moisturize - Day and Night.
I didn't do this growing up and i regret it, you should try and moisturize both day and night but especially after you take your makeup off and during the Winter time, you can get cheap but good moisturizers in the drugstores but I do recommend using Simple as I found it best when I was younger.
3. Pick your best feature and focus on this.
Weather it's your eyes, lips or cheekbones, focus more on this feature. If its your lips; wear simple face/eye makeup and wear bright lipstick or gloss. If it's your cheeks; again simple face/eye makeup but use bronzer or blush to extenuate your cheeks. And if it's your eyes; have simple face makeup, plain or light lips and use eye shadows and eyeliner. This will come to you in time it doesn't need to be perfection.
4. If you can, stay away from foundation.
If you don't need foundation (which you probably don't) use BB cream or a tinted moisturizer, I wish I knew this when I was younger but I used foundation and my skin was actually ruined because of it, BB creams are great because they are medium coverage but they have things like salicylic acid in them which can help with breakouts - I recommend the Maybelline BB Cream.
5. Use hair conditioner to shave your legs, cheaper + smoother legs.
Shaving cream can be expensive enough so if you use hair conditioner it's like a two in one for hair and legs. I also find it easier to shave your legs with hair conditioner and it does honestly make your legs feel much softer than using shaving cream.
6. Drink lots and lots of water.
You probably have heard this one but when your growing up, fizzy drinks are all you want but honestly drinking water will help you in the long run as it will keep you both healthy and will help give you clearer skin.
7. Remove all makeup at night.
And do it properly because it will clog your pores and this will give you breakouts and that will cause you to wear more makeup and you will repeat the process over again, even if you just use makeup remover wipes - the ones from Simple are great and cheap.
8. Try and properly wash your face every morning.
I didn't do this when I was younger but I try and do it most days now and it really can help with your skin, especially since when your a teenager you will deal with breakouts and having a clean face is going to help it, try and clean it before school and if you can, don't wear makeup and do it right before bed and your skin will be thanking you.
9. Don't dye your hair too soon, you have loads of time to do that.
This one I relate to the most, I first dyed my hair when I was 14 and now I basically have no hair and depend on hair extensions to show I have hair. You have so much time in your life to experiment with different hairstyles so from experience I recommend leaving hair dye out of the picture for a few years, especially bleach, please stay away from bleach, forever....
10. Remember, you don't even need to wear makeup.
You really don't, I don't think teenagers (13-14) need to wear makeup, my sister is nearly 12 and is already wanting makeup but I am trying to keep her away from it as long as I can because if she starts wearing it, it will ruin her skin when right now it's perfectly fine. So try and stay away from makeup as long as you can AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR SKIN and hair.
1. Less IS more.
From experience, less is definitely more, don't cake on foundation, eyeliner, eye shadow, blush, etc. It will ruin your skin in the long run and just isn't worth it.
Also with the 'Less is more', this also goes for price, you don't need to spend loads of money on makeup products, you can get reasonably cheap products that are still good quality - Primark Beauty + Essence.
2. Do moisturize - Day and Night.
I didn't do this growing up and i regret it, you should try and moisturize both day and night but especially after you take your makeup off and during the Winter time, you can get cheap but good moisturizers in the drugstores but I do recommend using Simple as I found it best when I was younger.
3. Pick your best feature and focus on this.
Weather it's your eyes, lips or cheekbones, focus more on this feature. If its your lips; wear simple face/eye makeup and wear bright lipstick or gloss. If it's your cheeks; again simple face/eye makeup but use bronzer or blush to extenuate your cheeks. And if it's your eyes; have simple face makeup, plain or light lips and use eye shadows and eyeliner. This will come to you in time it doesn't need to be perfection.
4. If you can, stay away from foundation.
If you don't need foundation (which you probably don't) use BB cream or a tinted moisturizer, I wish I knew this when I was younger but I used foundation and my skin was actually ruined because of it, BB creams are great because they are medium coverage but they have things like salicylic acid in them which can help with breakouts - I recommend the Maybelline BB Cream.
5. Use hair conditioner to shave your legs, cheaper + smoother legs.
Shaving cream can be expensive enough so if you use hair conditioner it's like a two in one for hair and legs. I also find it easier to shave your legs with hair conditioner and it does honestly make your legs feel much softer than using shaving cream.
6. Drink lots and lots of water.
You probably have heard this one but when your growing up, fizzy drinks are all you want but honestly drinking water will help you in the long run as it will keep you both healthy and will help give you clearer skin.
7. Remove all makeup at night.
And do it properly because it will clog your pores and this will give you breakouts and that will cause you to wear more makeup and you will repeat the process over again, even if you just use makeup remover wipes - the ones from Simple are great and cheap.
8. Try and properly wash your face every morning.
I didn't do this when I was younger but I try and do it most days now and it really can help with your skin, especially since when your a teenager you will deal with breakouts and having a clean face is going to help it, try and clean it before school and if you can, don't wear makeup and do it right before bed and your skin will be thanking you.
9. Don't dye your hair too soon, you have loads of time to do that.
This one I relate to the most, I first dyed my hair when I was 14 and now I basically have no hair and depend on hair extensions to show I have hair. You have so much time in your life to experiment with different hairstyles so from experience I recommend leaving hair dye out of the picture for a few years, especially bleach, please stay away from bleach, forever....
10. Remember, you don't even need to wear makeup.
You really don't, I don't think teenagers (13-14) need to wear makeup, my sister is nearly 12 and is already wanting makeup but I am trying to keep her away from it as long as I can because if she starts wearing it, it will ruin her skin when right now it's perfectly fine. So try and stay away from makeup as long as you can AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR SKIN and hair.
Thanks for reading,
Bye,
Jodi
x
Comments