Skip to main content

Current Favourites

So, I haven't done a Favourites in quite awhile, and I missed the September Favourites mark so I thought it would be better if I just made it a recent favourites and compiled all my favourites from the last couple of months into one. There is quite a lot seeing as I haven't done one in so long so just be wary of that!! Hope you enjoy.

I'm gonna start off with Music, possibly the longest of the lot.

First off is my loves 5 Seconds of Summer who are releasing a album at the end of October called 'Sounds Good Feels Good' and they have been releasing songs since it was announced and these are She's Kinda Hot, Fly Away, Jet Black Heart, Money and Hey Everybody, all of which are amazing of course. They also released a EP (She's Kinda Hot EP) with the songs Broken Pieces, Over and Out and Lost in reality. Excited for more 5 Seconds of Summer music soon!!



Next is Halsey who released her album BADLANDS in August, I love every single song on this album but I said I'd do a top 3 and they are Strange Love, Ghost and Young God. Everyone needs to go and check out this girl because she is amazing!


One Direction announced a new album recently called 'After the A.M' and they released two songs from it, Drag Me Down and Infinity, and since it is One Direction, I love it!!!!


The Vamps just released a new EP called Wake Up and has their new single Wake Up (duh), Stay Here and Burn, all which are so so good and very different from anything they have previously released (also check out their music video for wake up!!!) and the EP includes a live version of Risk It All which I can say from experience is unbelievable live so I recommend this EP!



Now I have a few songs from my spotify playlist that I have been listening to more often -
Punk Rock Princess - Something Corporate
Hold Onto Me - Mayday Parade
Ever After - Marianas Trench
Swing, Swing - All-American Rejects
Alone Together - Fall Out Boy
Fight Song - Rachel Platten

Now we have the clothing pieces, which I didn't realise until I was writing everything up are mainly top???? I don't know why but here they are...

This ACDC Muscle tee from Penny's a band that I really really love.



I have this 5 Seconds of Summer band t-shirt that I got when I was at the concert and I love wearing this at home as it is quite comfortable.




I was in Spain in August we went shopping while there and we went into Pull and Bear, a shop which I absolutely love and I picked up this Joy Division muscle tee, which wasn't actually a muscle tee at first but I cut it up into one and I love wearing this with a colourful bralette underneath because I cut it down really low.

A few months ago I picked up this white vest top from Zara that has this really cute crochet detail on the neckline, even though it's a very Summery top I am still getting away with it now.




Before I was going on Holidays I ordered something off Forever 21 and of these things was a On The Loose crop top and I absolutely love this, possibly my favourite out of the lot and I love wearing it with my wine flannel from Penny's.


Another crop top I got from Forever 21 is this Malibu Beach one, very simple but really nice, I like to wear this one with a peach skater skirt that will be coming up soon.


Here I have a pretty basic piece, especially for my wardrobe and that is a black and white striped crop top from Penny's, I basically wear this with everything and at least once a week.



Again on holidays when we went shopping we went into a shop called Lefties and I fell in love with everything in their and I picked up two tops for myself in there and the one that has made it into my favourites is this NYC Skyline on that was long t-shirt but I cut it up into a crop top.


I have this Ramones muscle tee from Penny's and I own nearly every Ramones top ever sold in Penny's there's a fact for you, but this is one of my favourites because I just love the colours in it.


Now I have the only Autumny/Wintery thing in this favorites is this Peachy pink crewneck sweater that I also got while on holidays from Pull and Bear, this is super cute (it reminded me of Ariana Grande) and perfect for Autumn.



And the last thing is that Pinky Peach skater skirt I mentioned a little bit ago, this is from New Look and was kindly given to me from my Friend Lisa. I love this skirt because it is just so me.




I haven't bought any new makeup in the last few months but I do a few pieces that I have rediscovered I guess and some that I just never mentioned on here.
The first is that I rediscovered my Naked 3 palette in the last two or three months. I have been using this religiously the last few months, especially Dust, Nooner and Factory.



Now I have this new Felt tip Tattoo Waterproof eyeliner that my Aunt gave to me, This is possibly one of the best pen eyeliners I have used since the Primark Beauty one that they discontinued, it's waterproof, pigmented and the felt pen is the perfect size.



About 3 months ago I needed to get a new foundation and Superdrug were having a deal on L'oreal foundations so I picked up the L'Oreal Infallible 24H - Matte Foundation in the Shade vanilla. I like my face to be completely matte, that's just how I like to wear it and this foundation does just that, it's medium coverage but very buildable and doesn't make you look cakey and it also lasts pretty well.


And the last makeup piece is a Lip Liner that I actually picked up in April when I was getting makeup for my Debs (Prom). It's this wine colour that is perfect for Autumn and a colour I am really enjoying lately, and it's from Barry M and there isn't a shade name or number on my pencil but I could have just rubbed it off or something, this lip liner is very long lasting and doesn't make your lips feel dry and the colour is just very pretty on.



I have a three accessories that I wanted to share and the first are these Flower Crowns that I picked up for extremely cheap while in Spain, it may be a bit late in the year to be wearing them but I'm gonna wear them anyways!!! Look how pretty they are!!



And the last accessory type thing is a backpack, I picked this up to bring on holidays with me and I needed one for when I went back to college and this one was perfect, it's big enough to fit my folder and books and has pockets for my ID and keys and goes with pretty much goes with any outfit and I also added a few badges to the front of it.


Now books, and a lot of them, The first one is P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han, this is a sequel to To All The Boys I loved Before, I'm not going to tell you about the second book (obvs) but the first is about a girl called Lara Jean, and she falls in love pretty easily, so to get over these boys she writes them letters explaining why she likes them and why she has to stop, these are sealed, addressed and never sent, until they actually do get sent but not by her and now all the boys she ever had feelings for now know, this book is about friendship, relationships and mainly family, read these books and you will fall in love with every single character.


Next one is one of the books I picked up at the airport before leaving for Spain and that is Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard, I had been hearing about this book from everyone on YouTube, Goodreads and Instagram, and everyone loved it so I was sort of wary incase I didn't enjoy it but I did, I did so much. It was the perfect about of Action, Fantasy and (sort of) Romance. I am not telling you anything about this book because it's one that you need to read and not know anything about until you do.


Another one I picked up at the airport is YOU by Caroline Kepnes. I heard nothing about this book until it caught my eye at the bookstore in the airport. The book cover is what caught my eye at first, and then I read the synopsis at the back and I was immediately hooked! It sounded like a really creepy book and Stephen King had blurbed it and was called the Thriller of the year. And it lived up to my expectations, it was vile and creepy in every aspect and totally freaked me out. It's about the main character Joe who falls for a girl who comes into the book shop he works in and stalks her and everything he thinks about her and does to her he thinks is completely normal, but it isn't and you do end up feeling bad for him at some points but what creeped me out the most is that it's like he is writing the book to YOU about YOU, he addressed the main female as YOU ('I saw You') and I just wanted more and more and I got my wish as there will be another one... 


While on holidays I also read The Help by Kathryn Stockett on my Kindle, I know most people have probably read this already but if you haven't you really need too. It will really open your eyes to black slavery and it is just an amazing story that I can't even put into words, just read it.




Now I have a book called Open Road Summer by Emery Lord, I bought this book back in like May or June and only got around to reading it last month, I wanted something summery because it was horrible weather at the time and this book brought just that, it was cute and fluffy and I wanted to be friends with the main characters, I connected with the main character and I just loved everything about this book, it's exactly what I needed at that time.


Next is a book that I received from NetGalley is All The Rage by Courtney Summers and here is my review of the book for them - all the rage book review , I don't even know what to say about this book, the topic made me so angry and I just need everyone to read this and realise RAPE HAPPENS AND IT NEEDS TO BE STOPPED. That is all.


The next book is All Of The Above by James Dawson. This was my first James Dawson book and I fell in love with his writing and I fell even more in love with his characters. This book is in the running for my favourite book of 2015, not even joking. This books deals with quite a few different topics; sexuality, self-harm, eating disorders and even death. It's a story about friendships and relationships and just about growing up and I just want everyone to read it and fall in love with it just like I did. Here is a full review that I did for it - all of the above book review


Another book I received from NetGalley was First by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn. Here is the book review I did for it - firsts book review I loved this book so much. It's basically about a girl who devigininses virgins from her school so they can give their girlfriends their perfect first time, unlike her first time. The story shows all the problems that arise from this thing that she thinks is right. It shows her who is really there for her and god the ending is just so perfect I loved it so much!!


And the last book that I received from NetGalley is How To Catch a (Rock) Star by Gabrielle Aquilina. I have yet to do a review for this book, but will update this when I do. This was a different kind of book for me, I never really read any New Adult books, I was not used to so much sexual content in a book. But it didn't bother me. What I loved about this was the love story, although it was sort of insta lovey, I am a sucker for a cheesy love story so this was perfect for me. I also love reading books with music aspects, especially rock music, so I do recommend this book for a good and fast read.


And the last book I have is one I was waiting so long for to be released and like two days after it was released I got it. It's Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon, this is her debut novel and I will be putting up a review for this book soon. This book is about a girl who is allergic to, well, everything, and hasn't left her house in seventeen years. And then a boy moves in next door, and everything changes. This book was super cute, interesting and completely different. Everyone should pick up this book and it's just the perfect feel good kind of book, and that plot twist, I was just not expecting it....


And now for a few TV Shows that I have been enjoying.
First is Once Upon A Time, I started watching this a couple of months ago and I thought it was amazing and now season 5 is here and the first two episodes were AMAZING!! I'm sure you've heard of this but if you haven't it's about every fairytale character you've ever heard of put into the modern world, our world, and all the problems that come with it, the show is just really great and also quite different.


The Next TV Show I started watching recently is How To Get Away With Murder, I was seeing things about this everywhere and I love Viola Davis so I needed to watch it and I did end up loving it. It's so captivating and the way they show each episode just capture your attention and you need to keep watching it.


I was sick about two weeks ago and when I'm sick I either watch all the Shreks or Criminal Minds, this time it was Criminal Minds, I think this TV show will forever be my all time favourite, I always rewatch it and never get bored of and I watched 3 seasons in 7 days.... Also season 11 just started!!!!


I only watched a few good movies the last few months, well that or I just can't remember what I watched. I seen Ant-man when it first came out and I wasn't going to go and see it but my brother convinced me so I went and saw it and I really enjoyed it, I was sceptical about Paul Rudd playing the lead role but I loved him in it and nobody else could have done it better.


I also went to see Southpaw with my boyfriend, I thought this movie was just going to be about boxing, nothing else, I wasn't expecting to break down in tears watching this but I did. Jake Gyllenhaal is just such an amazing actor and brought so much raw emotion to the role and even if you don't enjoy fighting/boxing movies, do give this one a try.


I rewatched Mulan recently and I hadn't watched it in quite along time so watching this just made me so happy but angry because Disney is going to ruin it if they make a live action piece. But it brought back a lot of nostalgia for me because this was one of my favourites when I was younger so I was happy when I found it on Netflix and I'm glad I rewatched it.



I had been meaning to watch the movie Carrie (newest version) for so long so when I was sick and taking a break from Criminal Minds I finally watched it, I didn't know much about the story as I never watched the original or read Stephen King's book but I did really enjoy it and I love Chloe Grace so I knew I was going to enjoy it anyways.


I finally got around to watching Paper Towns this month, I read the book back in January so I was really excited for the movie as I love Nat Wolff and Cara. I think the movie was a near match up to the book and I did like the changes they made to the movie and I just really enjoyed it.


I watched the movie The Spectacular Now after someone mentioned it in a YouTube video. It has Miles Teller and Shaylenne Woodley in it. I don't know how to explain the movie but I guess it's about a popularish guy who meets a girl from his school he never even knew existed and try's to help her out with becoming popular but ends up falling for her, but he is a problematic person so of course this causes problems. This movie made me laugh and cry and just made me happy and angry but I really did enjoy it, I also watched it on Netflix..



AND we have finally come to the end of my recent favourites..... This was probably the longest favourites I have even posted here so I do apologise for the length but if you have made it this far I thank you and I hope you enjoyed...

Thanks for reading, 
Bye, 
Jodi
x





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

40 Beauty Questions Tag

These pictures have absolutely nothing to do with this tag but oh well! I was bored at home so I decided to do a few tags and this one was the first one I saw and is also the longest so lets get started andI also tag anyone who reads this to do it! SKINCARE 1. How many times do you wash your face daily? Mostly 2 times (morning and night) but if I'm having bad skin I'll do it 3 times. 2. What skin type do you have? (dry, oily, combo) I have oily skin but I've never been to a skin expert or anything so I'm completely sure. 3. What is your current face wash? I'm currently using the Simple kind to skin facial wash gel. 4. Do you exfoliate? Yes I do. 5. What brand do you use?  Clean & Clear. 6. What moisturiser do you use? Nivea Soft. 7. Do you have freckles? No, some on my shoulders. 8. Do you use eye cream? No, and I know I really should. 9. Do you or did you have acne-prone skin? I did whe...

The social media book tag

Hi, so I thought today I would do another book tag and I see this one around quite a lot and I have always wanted to do it, so here is the Social Media Book Tag, enjoy! 1. Twitter; Your favourite short book? Probably James Patterson's; Bloody Valentine, this was my first James Patterson book and I love horrible, disgusting killer stories so this was really perfect for me and I had never read anything like it up until then. 2. Facebook; A book everybody pressured you into reading? Anna and the French kiss. Don't get me wrong I loved this book so much but even though nobody directly told me to read it I still felt the pressure from afar, from social media itself (Youtube, Goodreads) but I do love the book so I am thankful for the pressure. 3. Tumblr;    A book you read before it was cool? Ah I don't think I have read a book before it was cool, but I'm going to go with a book that isn't out yet but when it is, it's going to blow up and that is Firsts by La...

Boyfriend Tag

Happy Valentines day!! I hope everyone has a great day today if you are doing something. I wanted to do another Valentines day post but not anything Makeup or Fashion so I decided to do a tag and it will be doing 'The Boyfriend Tag'. So now introducing my boyfriend Leon, and we have been together almost 4 years. And now lets just get straight into the tag..... 1. She's sitting in front of the TV, What's on the screen? L. Criminal Minds J. Yes but also Pretty Little Liars 2. You're out to eat, what dressing is on her salad? L. Caesar dressing J. Yes 3. One food she doesn't she like? L. Red Meat J. Yes, that and Beans 4. You go out to eat, what drink does she order? L. Usually Water J.Yep 5. What shoe size is she? L. Size 4 J. Yes but sometimes a 3 6 .If she was collecting anything what would it be? L. Magazines, Books and Makeup J. Yes. 7. Favourite type of sandwich? L. Chicken Sandwich J. Yes 8. What would she eat eve...