Skip to main content

Book Review - How To Catch a (Rock) Star by Gabrielle Aquilina

Today I have a review of Gabrielle Aquilina's book How To Catch a (Rock) Star. A copy of this book was kindly given to me from NetGalley for a honest review.

" A Story of sex, love and rock 'n' roll.

Aspiring singer Lillie and American rock star Jed seem like a perfect fit from the moment they meet. The pair are inseparable, but Jed's jet-set schedule of shows and after-parties limits the amount they can see each other. So when Jed invites Lillie to sing with his band on their tour, she says yes. Yes with some hesitation, that is. After finding out that her ex-boyfriend was hiding away a wife and child when they were dating, Lillie's trust in men is fragile and she also suffers from severe stage fright. As the tour progresses, Jed and Lillie are fast becoming rock's hottest couple but with obsessive fan girls, a claustrophobic tour bus and a resentful guitarist, things start taking a turn for the worse. Lillie's dream of singing may have finally become a reality, but can it last? The odds are stacking up against them and then the unthinkable happens... "  how to catch a rock star - goodreads page


Book Depository page ( currently out of stock )

Jed and Lillie meet at a bar at one of Jed's bands gigs and there is instant attraction between them and he even asks her to dinner within a hour or so of them meeting. The attraction between then shoots sparks and they spend the night after their date together and part of the next day.

They both really like each other, this is evident in when Jed has to continue touring with his band and they are constantly texting each other.
Lillie and her best friend Kate meet the band again when they are doing a show in London, this is when Lillie is persuaded to sing in front of the whole band and she blows them all away with how good she is, so good that they invite her to come up on stage and sing a song with them.... But Lillie has crippling stage fright but she fights through it and the fans of the band love her. The band talk her into coming on tour with them.

This is a steamy, Sexy, story of a girl who falls for a Rock Star and gets to travel cross country and pursue her lifelong dream of being a singer.

But Lillie has trust issues as a past boyfriend was actually married and has a child, so as much as she does like Jed, does she trust him 100% ? She starts becoming suspicious of Jed's action, phone calls alone, hiding text messages, his mind being far away and not answering some questions and not telling her the complete truth.

Gabrielle weaves an emotional journey for Lillie and Jed as they travel Europe and the US, she tells us a compelling story that is engaging and will keep you hooked until the very end.

It's filled with steamy romance, sex, drama and a major plot twist and you will definitely be rooting for Jed and Lillie's relationship and for them to overcome their past hurts and you'll just want them to find each other again.

I also wanted to mention the secondary character, especially Kate and Johnny who were such great characters, Kate and Johnny both help Lillie when she is recovering after finding out Jed's secret, they are both such good friends to her and also Johnny with Jed, I think that they should of been mentioned more throughout the story and I would of liked more interactions with the other band members but I do have to say that I have quite the soft spot for, towards the end he will just warm your heart with his actions.

Love and Friendship are the main aspects of this story so it was a win for me and was truly a story of sex, love and rock n' roll.

Also I need to quickly mention that there are mentions of drug and alcohol abuse within this story so if that is a trigger for anyone, please be wary of this.

I really enjoyed this book even though I'm not very used to so much sexual content, but I am a sucker for a good love story! I rated this book a 4/5 stars on goodreads and I do recommend this to people who enjoy these types of books, it was a quick and easy read.

Thanks for reading, 
Bye, 
Jodi
x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

40 Beauty Questions Tag

These pictures have absolutely nothing to do with this tag but oh well! I was bored at home so I decided to do a few tags and this one was the first one I saw and is also the longest so lets get started andI also tag anyone who reads this to do it! SKINCARE 1. How many times do you wash your face daily? Mostly 2 times (morning and night) but if I'm having bad skin I'll do it 3 times. 2. What skin type do you have? (dry, oily, combo) I have oily skin but I've never been to a skin expert or anything so I'm completely sure. 3. What is your current face wash? I'm currently using the Simple kind to skin facial wash gel. 4. Do you exfoliate? Yes I do. 5. What brand do you use?  Clean & Clear. 6. What moisturiser do you use? Nivea Soft. 7. Do you have freckles? No, some on my shoulders. 8. Do you use eye cream? No, and I know I really should. 9. Do you or did you have acne-prone skin? I did whe...

The social media book tag

Hi, so I thought today I would do another book tag and I see this one around quite a lot and I have always wanted to do it, so here is the Social Media Book Tag, enjoy! 1. Twitter; Your favourite short book? Probably James Patterson's; Bloody Valentine, this was my first James Patterson book and I love horrible, disgusting killer stories so this was really perfect for me and I had never read anything like it up until then. 2. Facebook; A book everybody pressured you into reading? Anna and the French kiss. Don't get me wrong I loved this book so much but even though nobody directly told me to read it I still felt the pressure from afar, from social media itself (Youtube, Goodreads) but I do love the book so I am thankful for the pressure. 3. Tumblr;    A book you read before it was cool? Ah I don't think I have read a book before it was cool, but I'm going to go with a book that isn't out yet but when it is, it's going to blow up and that is Firsts by La...

Boyfriend Tag

Happy Valentines day!! I hope everyone has a great day today if you are doing something. I wanted to do another Valentines day post but not anything Makeup or Fashion so I decided to do a tag and it will be doing 'The Boyfriend Tag'. So now introducing my boyfriend Leon, and we have been together almost 4 years. And now lets just get straight into the tag..... 1. She's sitting in front of the TV, What's on the screen? L. Criminal Minds J. Yes but also Pretty Little Liars 2. You're out to eat, what dressing is on her salad? L. Caesar dressing J. Yes 3. One food she doesn't she like? L. Red Meat J. Yes, that and Beans 4. You go out to eat, what drink does she order? L. Usually Water J.Yep 5. What shoe size is she? L. Size 4 J. Yes but sometimes a 3 6 .If she was collecting anything what would it be? L. Magazines, Books and Makeup J. Yes. 7. Favourite type of sandwich? L. Chicken Sandwich J. Yes 8. What would she eat eve...