Hello, So I don't know if I have ever really mentioned this properly on this, but I am an avid book reader, and reading is a big part of my everyday life so I wanted to incorporate books into my blog a little bit more (before it was just favourites and haul), with the exception of one book review before, I have decided I wanted to do more book reviews on this. I hope everyone can enjoy these and do remember I am new to these so they may not be the best reviews in the entire world.
The first one being All The Rage by Courtney Summers. The synopsis from goodreads is "The sheriff's son, Kellan Turner, is not the golden boy everyone thinks he is, and Romy Grey knows that for a fact. Because no one wants to believe a girl from wrong side of town, the truth about him has cost her everything - friends, family, and her community. Branded a liar and bullied relentlessly by a group of kids she used to hang out with, Romy's only refuge is the diner where she works outside of town. No one knows her name or her past there; she can finally be anonymous. But when a girl with ties to both Romy and Kellan goes miss after a party, and news of him assaulting another girl in a town close by gets out, Romy must decide whether she wants to fight or carry the burden of knowing more girls could get hurt if she doesn't speak up. Nobody believed her the first time - and they certainly won't now - but the cost of her silence might be more than she can bear."
The first one being All The Rage by Courtney Summers. The synopsis from goodreads is "The sheriff's son, Kellan Turner, is not the golden boy everyone thinks he is, and Romy Grey knows that for a fact. Because no one wants to believe a girl from wrong side of town, the truth about him has cost her everything - friends, family, and her community. Branded a liar and bullied relentlessly by a group of kids she used to hang out with, Romy's only refuge is the diner where she works outside of town. No one knows her name or her past there; she can finally be anonymous. But when a girl with ties to both Romy and Kellan goes miss after a party, and news of him assaulting another girl in a town close by gets out, Romy must decide whether she wants to fight or carry the burden of knowing more girls could get hurt if she doesn't speak up. Nobody believed her the first time - and they certainly won't now - but the cost of her silence might be more than she can bear."
Now everything that happens to Romy is going through, throughout this whole story, honestly, scared me. Really, read this book, and just think about the fact that people actually react to rape victims like this, scary, right?
But Romy is such a brave and strong character. In this book you will find that the majority of the characters will just be disgusting, even the local Police Officer, he may even be one of the worst, mainly because of his actions towards Romy after her confession was just sick and again, makes you realise that people are really blind to this or are just choosing to ignore it.
I really hated this character unlike any other character I have read about, but you will find this with a number of characters in this book, but this is most likely what the author wanted, it's just how she wrote them and I just wanted to scream at them throughout the whole book.
It is completely obvious that Romy is battling with very serious scars from the night she was raped, which is understandable, and you can feel the hatred that she feels for herself coming off the pages and it will totally affect your mood and just make you angry.....
This is a story that is utterly gripping and when I wasn't reading it, I was most definitely thinking about it.
The subject matter of this book is extremely dark, intense and possibly triggering for some people as it largely deals with issues of Rape, Abuse and Bullying, so please do be cautious of this before reading.
Courtney Summers wrote about characters that are truly honest and real and they will leave a lasting impression on you.
This is a story that will stay with me for a long time and I do praise Courtney Summers for writing such a dark story and I will for sure be picking up more of her books in the future.
- Rated - 5 stars* on Goodreads. paperback available January 28th 2016 -
(Goodreads - Jodiryan96 / Instagram - readingunit)
Thanks for reading,
Bye,
Jodi
x

Comments