So Valentines day is coming very soon and last year I did a makeup look for Valentines day so I wanted to do that again. This time I wanted to do a different look using my Naked 3 palette from Urban Decay, I wanted to use this because its very pink based and I thought it would be perfect for a Valentines look, I also do not use this palette enough so I use this as an excuse to get it back out. So here are the three looks and I hope you enjoy and take some inspiration.
First I will start with the face, the face products and eyebrow products will be the same for each look.
Here is my bare face after applying moisturiser.
First I will start with the face, the face products and eyebrow products will be the same for each look.
Here is my bare face after applying moisturiser.
Next I took my Urban Decay Blurring brush and the Maybelline Superstay Better Skin foundation, I used this foundation because it has great coverage without looking cakey, feels completely lightweight on my skin and is a great shade for my skin, just a great foundation for oily/combination skin.
Next I'll take my Maybelline FitMe concealer to conceal any blemishes and redness. I don't know the shade of this concealer as all the writing has rubbed off the packaging but I think it might be either medium or fair. I blend this out just using my finger as I feel it gives a better finish.
The powder I use it MUAs pressed powder in the shade 3, this is a cheap powder that I picked up when I ran out of my Maybelline's FitMe powder but it is really good and does it's job.
For under my eyes (which I apply after I do my eyes) to cover up the bags under my eyes and to highlight my face, I use the MUAs Pro-Base conceal and brighten kit. This packaging has fallen apart and I will be replacing it soon as the product has become not that safe to use on my skin.
For bronzer my favourite one to use is always the Esteé Lauder's tender blush - 516 true sand (desert) which is so beautiful on and is possibly my favourite bronzer and goes so well with my skin tone.
I use this bronzer to contour my cheekbones, on my forehead (hairline), under chin and on my jawline and to define my nose.
I don't often use highlighter but when I do I really like using the MUA's Mosaic blush - English Rose - Shade 3 as its not very in your face and just soft and subtle and very lovely on and it also goes perfect with the pink based eyeshadows.
For my eyebrows I always use the matte brown eyeshadow Tease from the Naked 2 palette all over the eyebrow to shape and fill in the brow, I then use the Maybelline BROWdrama in Medium Brow to give the brow a bit more realness and give the look of hairs and to shape it a little more.
First I'll use a this brush to brush out my eyebrows, to brush the into their shade and to brush out any foundation.
Next I'll take a angled brush and the shadow Tease and shape out my brows and fill them in.
Then I'll take the Maybelline BROWdrama and brush it through my brows to add more shape and make it look more real.
Remember 'Eyebrows are sisters, not twins' !!!
Now it's time for the eye look using this palette which is slightly smokey and is mainly pink based.
Taking the Naked 3 palette, I first used Buzz and out this through the crease and up onto the brow bone, into the inner eye and out onto the outer corner of the eyelid.
Next I took the shade Blackheart which is such a lovely colour and I put this on the outer corner, I started using this shadow very lightly and built it up until I was happy with it, I bended it out and make it slightly smoky.
Again I will take Blackheart on a small brush and place it on the bottom lash line and smudge it out and connect it with the shadow on the lid.
Next I'll take a flat brush, wet it on both sides and pack on the shade Trick. I placed this all over the lid and before the shadow drys I blended Blackheart and the wet Trick together.
I also brought Trick, still wet, onto the inner part of the bottom lash line.
And lastly I will highlight my brow bone using the shade Strange.
This is the finish eyeshadow look without eyeliner and mascara.
Now I added eyeliner, using the MUA extreme felt eyeliner to make a thin line across the lash line and a small flick to elongate the eye.
I also took a Urban Decay 24/7 glide-on eye pencil in Stag and placed it on the waterline.
For mascara I used Urban Decays Perversion mascara which is the best mascara I have ever used.
| This looks so attractive |
The Lipstick I used for this look was Urban Decays Revolution lipstick in Obsessed which is the perfect pink colour for this look.
Here is the finished look, I added under-eye concealer, powder, bronzer and highlighter after I did the eye makeup so there wouldn't any shadows under the eyes.
So that is my Valentines day look, I hope you re-create this look or even just take so inspiration from it and I hope you have a great day Valentines day even if you dont have a Valentines!
Thanks for reading,
Bye,
Jodi
x




Comments