Skip to main content

August Favourites

The year is going so fast, I cant believe its September already and I just started college and time just needs slow down and now its time for a monthly favourites, I didn't have many for this month but I did have a few things I wanted to share.

First I'll start with Makeup because I only have on item and that is the Urban Decay flushed palette in Streak, I absolutely love the bronzer in this, its the perfect shade for my skin, not dark or too light just perfect and the highlighter and blush are beautiful on too, perfect coral colours.



Next is Fashion, I have a few pieces this month and I will start it off with a reoccurring favourite which is my trusty leather jacket from New Look, I wear this nearly everyday no matter what the weather is like, its a staple piece now.



My go-to skirt lately has been this skater skirt from Penny's which I've wearing almost everyday, I just love the colour (I can say colour right?) and I love the way it is on me and that I can wear almost anything with it.


With the skater skirt I've recently been wearing this black cropped jumper from Zara, I got this at the sale during Christmas and I love it very much and it goes with most of my skirts and its also really really comfortable.


And lastly I have this T-Shirt, which is a Hogwarts T-Shirt which means it the best T-Shirt IN THE WORLD (massive Harry Potter fan if you couldn't tell) and I love wearing this wine colour in T-Shirts so its a win win!


Next I have two movies, the first one being a old Robin Williams film called Insomnia which is about a detective on a case for a murder of a young girl in Alaska and he accidentally shoots his partner, its a great movie and obviously Robin Williams is great in it, not his usual funny side but brilliant either way.

The next movie is a new release and its called Lucy starring Scarlett Johansson, now this movie completely confused me but its still a great movie and I guess you learn some things from it and Scarlett Johansson is a great actress and its definitely worth a watch.


Now I have three books that I highly recommend, and they are The Carrie Diaries and Summer and the city (Candace Bushnell) which are both based on Carrie Bradshaw from Sex and The City while she was a teenager and its a great read for teenagers to see into the life of an average teenage girl going into the big world.


And the last book is called Since you've been gone written Morgan Matson which is a book about a girl who's friend disappears but ends up sending her a list of things to do and she does these things hoping to find her friend when she finishes it, I just picked up this book randomly in the book store because I liked the book cover (very tumblr) and I ended up finishing it in about 4 hours I just loved it that much and will recommend everyone who loves teenager books about friendship and young love.Its just an amazing read and I applaud Morgan Matson for it.


I have two TV Shows this month, the first is The Carrie Diaries, since I had read the books I thought I'd give the TV Show a try and since I love AnnaSophia, even thought the TV Show is actually completely different to the books I still think its amazingly done and I'm already hooked and I've just finished the first season and I'm starting the next season soon.


And the other TV Show I've been watching is called Orphan Black, which I originally found on Netflix but they only had one season so I found the next season on ProjectFreeTv, on the very first episode I was absolutely hooked, its a show about a girl who sees a girl committing suicide who looks identical to her and then gets thrown into a conspiracy theory involving her, you'll literally be on the edged of your seat for every episode, its always ending on a cliffhanger and it has two seasons and wont be back until 2015 and the final episode on season 2 ended with the biggest cliffhanger EVER and it is killing me not knowing what happens.....



And I will be ending this post with some music, as you may see from previous post I love a band called 5 Seconds of Summer and recently they have released their newest EP called Amnesia and so far its my favourite EP yet, it includes the song Amnesia, a live version of Amnesia in Wembley arena, a new song called Daylight (which is amazing) and a cover of American Idiot by Greenday which is also amazing, literally the best EP ever! (also did anyone see their cover of Blinks song I Miss You and the iTunes Festival????)


The second band is a band that I have only discovered and they are called Mayday Parade, very like All Time Low (in my opinion) and I like nearly all of the songs they have but top favourites are Stay, miserable at best and hold on to me. I love this band and their music is amazing, it may not be everyone taste but I'm sure some people will agree with me??



So thats my favourites for this month, hope you enjoyed.

Thanks for reading, 
bye, 
Jodi
x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

40 Beauty Questions Tag

These pictures have absolutely nothing to do with this tag but oh well! I was bored at home so I decided to do a few tags and this one was the first one I saw and is also the longest so lets get started andI also tag anyone who reads this to do it! SKINCARE 1. How many times do you wash your face daily? Mostly 2 times (morning and night) but if I'm having bad skin I'll do it 3 times. 2. What skin type do you have? (dry, oily, combo) I have oily skin but I've never been to a skin expert or anything so I'm completely sure. 3. What is your current face wash? I'm currently using the Simple kind to skin facial wash gel. 4. Do you exfoliate? Yes I do. 5. What brand do you use?  Clean & Clear. 6. What moisturiser do you use? Nivea Soft. 7. Do you have freckles? No, some on my shoulders. 8. Do you use eye cream? No, and I know I really should. 9. Do you or did you have acne-prone skin? I did whe...

The social media book tag

Hi, so I thought today I would do another book tag and I see this one around quite a lot and I have always wanted to do it, so here is the Social Media Book Tag, enjoy! 1. Twitter; Your favourite short book? Probably James Patterson's; Bloody Valentine, this was my first James Patterson book and I love horrible, disgusting killer stories so this was really perfect for me and I had never read anything like it up until then. 2. Facebook; A book everybody pressured you into reading? Anna and the French kiss. Don't get me wrong I loved this book so much but even though nobody directly told me to read it I still felt the pressure from afar, from social media itself (Youtube, Goodreads) but I do love the book so I am thankful for the pressure. 3. Tumblr;    A book you read before it was cool? Ah I don't think I have read a book before it was cool, but I'm going to go with a book that isn't out yet but when it is, it's going to blow up and that is Firsts by La...

Boyfriend Tag

Happy Valentines day!! I hope everyone has a great day today if you are doing something. I wanted to do another Valentines day post but not anything Makeup or Fashion so I decided to do a tag and it will be doing 'The Boyfriend Tag'. So now introducing my boyfriend Leon, and we have been together almost 4 years. And now lets just get straight into the tag..... 1. She's sitting in front of the TV, What's on the screen? L. Criminal Minds J. Yes but also Pretty Little Liars 2. You're out to eat, what dressing is on her salad? L. Caesar dressing J. Yes 3. One food she doesn't she like? L. Red Meat J. Yes, that and Beans 4. You go out to eat, what drink does she order? L. Usually Water J.Yep 5. What shoe size is she? L. Size 4 J. Yes but sometimes a 3 6 .If she was collecting anything what would it be? L. Magazines, Books and Makeup J. Yes. 7. Favourite type of sandwich? L. Chicken Sandwich J. Yes 8. What would she eat eve...