Skip to main content

April Favourites

I can't believe how fast April has gone??? And now its time for another monthly favourites!!

I'll first start off with 'events' or just things that happen during the month that I enjoyed. First thing was my 18th birthday which I talked about in my last post so if you want to know what I did you can go and check that out :P
Second was a birthday present that I received from my parents, and that was to go and do a makeup course with Urban Decay, With the course I got the chance to get some makeup, some of which have made it to these favourites aswell! During the course I learnt how to properly apply foundation, how to do a soft brown smokey eye, a dark smokey eye, highlighting, contouring and got a chance to meet some lovely people, I really do feel like this course help with my makeup skills as I had never done a smokey eye before :P, And I feel really thankful to my parents who paid for it for me :))



Next I will talk Makeup as I only have a few bits. First being The Urban Decay Naked foundation, and the name suggest, it is 'Naked' on your face, it is so lightweight but gives you great coverage, the shade I use is 3.5, which I think suits my skin tone perfectly. Next is another Urban Decay product and it is the All nighter, makeup setting spray, I genuinely feel that this makes my makeup last and when I was buying it I thought that it wouldn't be amazing, but yet I still got it and I do think its amazing, keeps your makeup lasting all day/night and keeps your skin feeling refreshed. Next is the last Urban Decay product and Revolution lipstick in the shade Venom, which is a deep purple/wine colour, this colour was so out of my comfort zone as i usually stick to pinks and the odd red, but I decided to change it up abit and go for it and I really like this shade on me, and I love the Revolution lipsticks as I feel like they moisturise my lips and they lat for ages. And my very last makeup favourite has been my Benefit instant brow pencil in shade medium to dark, I think this brow pencil gives me a very natural looking brow and the shade is perfect for me.










Up next are Fashion items which I do have alot of, First are my boots that I wore for my birthday, these are from Boohoo and they are the most comfortable boot EVER! I do love these and hope to get much more wear out of them soon. Another fashion favourite has been SOCKS, yes sock, but the cute frilly socks, I have been obsessed and already have quite the collection :P, I just think the add a depth of girlyness to an outfit and they are adorable!!!
Next is my cardigan which is also from New Look, this is probably my most favourite, favourite, if that makes sense :P, but i literally wear it everyday, its ok during the rainy days in  home and it will be great as a cover up during the colder days during the summer and trust me I will be wearing it :P
Next are more shoes and these are another birthday present, they are the matte black Doc Martens, also form my parents, I have wanted these for agggggeeees and my mommy kindly got them for me for my birthday :D, the did cut me at first but now I'm finding them comfortable and wont be suffering from sore heels anymore :P, next are a pair of converse I got recently but could not put them here since I've been wearing them since I bought them, I fell in love with these as soon as I saw them, I think that they are unique and I love the pink on the inside and besides you cant go wrong with converse, can you?











For jewellery this month I have become obsessed with rings, these ones are from river island and I think they are so cute and I definitely will be expanding my collection in the coming months!!!!!



For music this month I've been listening to The Vamps new album, and I absolutely love it and them, my favourites from the album are Shout about it, On the floor and High hopes..
Ive also been listening to 5 Seconds of summers new EP, I love She looks so perfect and Heartache on the big screen. I've also been listening to All Time Low alot this month thanks to a recommendation from a close friend, some songs I've been enjoying are Weightless, Heroes, Somewhere in Never land and their cover of True colours. Another song I've been listening to recently is the Loveable Rouges new song Honest which I really suggest you check out if you haven't already and lastly with music I have been going back my babies, One Direction and been listening to their albums due to the excitement of seeing them in concert in May!!!!!











Movies this month have been 'The story of the Vamps', filmed by the boys photographer Dean Sherwood, this is just about the story of the boys so far and what they have accomplished before they even put out a album, this 'documentary' made me laugh and cry and sometimes even at the same time, a big well done to Dean on this one as its amazing!!! The next two movies I found on Netflix, First is Like Crazy, I found this movie both confusing and cute, are they together or not?? I don't know but its still cute:P And the lest movie is Stuck in Love, a movie clearly about someone being stuck in love, I had been meaning to watch this movie for months and finally got around to it, and it was so good, it has Lily Collins, Nat Wolff and Logan Lerman, Nat Wolff was my childhood crush (Naked Brothers Band was my fave!!) so i had to watch it and I do recommend that you do too :)






This month I found new youtubers and rekindled my love for some old ones, staring with new one is EbonyDay1, She does random videos like challenges but also does covers, I would say to watch her videos just for her amazing voice!! Next is a very recent addition to my youtube and that it HelonMelonLady, first off her name is amazing and her hair and her fashion sense and her bubbly personality are what sold me :) Next is old favourites that I have rekindled my love for, First is ItsWayPastMyBedtime, This is Carrie Flecther, sister of Tom Flecther (McFly), I can sit and watch her videos alllllll day just because she makes my smiiiiillee :)) Another is lilisimply and I watch her just for the fact that she has amazing fashion sense, even her clothes make me quite jealous!!!, And lastly is Shaaanxo, I think she may be my favourite Beauty Guru, Her tutorials are amazing, hopefully some of ye will check her out if you haven't already :)

And now for some random favourites, First off are my apps of the month, I have been using Squaready for all of my Instagram post as it gives a whit border around my picture, And two social networking apps I have been using constantly are Twitter and Instagram!
Another random favourite has been my camera, I love my camera, Its a Nikon but I'm not sure of the type,whoops :P
A food favourite this month has been Chocolate digestive biscuits, I seriously can not get enough of them!! :P


So that seems to be all of my favourites of this month, Hope that ye had a good April and hope that ye will have an even better May, My may is quite busy so expect quite a few post up in here ;) :P

Hope you enjoyed, see you in next one :)

Thank you for reading :), 
Bye,
Jodi
x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

40 Beauty Questions Tag

These pictures have absolutely nothing to do with this tag but oh well! I was bored at home so I decided to do a few tags and this one was the first one I saw and is also the longest so lets get started andI also tag anyone who reads this to do it! SKINCARE 1. How many times do you wash your face daily? Mostly 2 times (morning and night) but if I'm having bad skin I'll do it 3 times. 2. What skin type do you have? (dry, oily, combo) I have oily skin but I've never been to a skin expert or anything so I'm completely sure. 3. What is your current face wash? I'm currently using the Simple kind to skin facial wash gel. 4. Do you exfoliate? Yes I do. 5. What brand do you use?  Clean & Clear. 6. What moisturiser do you use? Nivea Soft. 7. Do you have freckles? No, some on my shoulders. 8. Do you use eye cream? No, and I know I really should. 9. Do you or did you have acne-prone skin? I did whe...

The social media book tag

Hi, so I thought today I would do another book tag and I see this one around quite a lot and I have always wanted to do it, so here is the Social Media Book Tag, enjoy! 1. Twitter; Your favourite short book? Probably James Patterson's; Bloody Valentine, this was my first James Patterson book and I love horrible, disgusting killer stories so this was really perfect for me and I had never read anything like it up until then. 2. Facebook; A book everybody pressured you into reading? Anna and the French kiss. Don't get me wrong I loved this book so much but even though nobody directly told me to read it I still felt the pressure from afar, from social media itself (Youtube, Goodreads) but I do love the book so I am thankful for the pressure. 3. Tumblr;    A book you read before it was cool? Ah I don't think I have read a book before it was cool, but I'm going to go with a book that isn't out yet but when it is, it's going to blow up and that is Firsts by La...

Boyfriend Tag

Happy Valentines day!! I hope everyone has a great day today if you are doing something. I wanted to do another Valentines day post but not anything Makeup or Fashion so I decided to do a tag and it will be doing 'The Boyfriend Tag'. So now introducing my boyfriend Leon, and we have been together almost 4 years. And now lets just get straight into the tag..... 1. She's sitting in front of the TV, What's on the screen? L. Criminal Minds J. Yes but also Pretty Little Liars 2. You're out to eat, what dressing is on her salad? L. Caesar dressing J. Yes 3. One food she doesn't she like? L. Red Meat J. Yes, that and Beans 4. You go out to eat, what drink does she order? L. Usually Water J.Yep 5. What shoe size is she? L. Size 4 J. Yes but sometimes a 3 6 .If she was collecting anything what would it be? L. Magazines, Books and Makeup J. Yes. 7. Favourite type of sandwich? L. Chicken Sandwich J. Yes 8. What would she eat eve...