So I decided that I would do my 2013 favourites, I know its a bit late but I've been busy and it also took awhile to make my list shorter but I will be doing one part today and another part during the week.
First off I will start with Makeup, this one was particularly hard to shorten and is still quite long.
First is my favourite foundation of the past year - Revlon photo ready foundation the shade I use is Nude, I really love this foundation it has great coverage and looks great in photos and is definitely my favourite foundation of all time and i will definitely be purchasing this again.
 |
| Revlon Photo ready - Nude |
The second product is concealer the ones I've chosen are Seventeen miracle matte concealer and Rimmel wake me up concealer, I use the Seventeen concealer for highlighting and under the eyes and the Rimmel concealer for spots and blemishes, they both have extremely good coverage and are both long-lasting.
 |
| Seventeen miracle matte concealer |
 |
| Rimmel wake me up concealer |
The powder I have chosen is the Maybelline Fit Me powder, i use the shade 120 - classic ivory, I use this powder to set my foundation and concealer and it doesn't make me look powdery but just makes my foundation look matte.
 |
| Maybelline Fit Me powder - 120 Classic Ivory |
My favourite mascara where the Seventeen falsifeye mascara and Maybelline the colossal volum' express mascara, I like to use these both together so that they make my eyelashes volumised which is how I like them and these both give me that.
 |
| Maybelline the colossal volum' express mascara - smoky eyes |
 |
| Seventeen falsifeye mascara - brown black |
I was really enjoying using BB creams and one that stood out to me the most was the Maybelline dream fresh BB cream, for a BB cream this one has great coverage and since there is 2% salicylic acid which helps with breakouts, I like to use this for school or day when I just want a real natural look.
 |
| Maybelline dream pure BB cream - Light |
I have particularly been enjoying using Lipstick lately, so there was a lot of Lipsticks to chose from but I got them down to just 3, First is my Urban Decay - Obsessed which I first got when I got my makeup done there for my Debs, its a real nice pink and the formula is really moisturizing, The next is a 2True lipstick in the shade 10 which is a nice wine color, the only thing about this lipstick is that it never stays on for long, but i still love the color and think it would suit many people, The last lipstick is a Rimmel moisture renew in 660 - in love with ginger, I really wanted to try a orange shade but didn't want a very bright orange and thought this red-orange color and thought it was the perfect one for me and love using this in summer, when I have a bit of a tan, I also really like Reds but couldn't choose any but I do like Rimmels Kate Moss one in 01.
And also adding in Lip balms, I like both the Baby lips in Cherry Me and Nivea in Raspberry Rose, both are very moisturizing and make the lips fell nice and soft.
 |
| Urban Decay - Obsessed |
 |
| 2True - Shade 10 |
 |
| Rimmel moisture renew - 660 in love with ginger |
 |
| Baby Lips - Cherry Me |
 |
| Nivea lip butter - Raspberry Rose |
I've only recently got into eye shadows, maybe during Summer 2013 is when I first started using them regularly, I like to stick with neutral shades as in browns and gold so the Naked 2 palette is a must for me and has been since I got it, all the shades in it are perfect and extremely pigmented and my three favorites from it are Half Baked, Bootycall and tease, I use these ones most often and use tease in my eyebrows as its a brown matte shade, another shade I like to use, mostly in the Fall and Winter is a Mac single eye shadow in Trax, I've had this shade awhile now and I always go back to it when i want a dramatic eye look as its quite dark, but its also very wearable.
 |
| Naked 2 palette |
 |
| Mac velvet eye shadow - Trax |
I don't use much Blusher so I've stuck to one for quite along time now which is a Mac powdered blush in Mocha, its a pink almost purple shade in my opinion which i find complement my skin tone, its not very noticeable on me but you could build it up more but natural looking cheeks is how I like to wear it.
 |
| Mac Blush - Mocha |
I also thought I'd throw in some Makeup brushes I've been using that help immensely with my makeup routine, First is a Bobbi Brown brush which is small and angled - I like to use this on my eyebrows as it is a shape that makes it easier to put on the product to my eye brows, The next is another Bobbi Brown brush and this I use to brush out my eye brows before and after I fill them in, I also use this to brush out the eyelashes before mascara as it helps the mascara go on better and the last brush is the Real Techniques Blush Brush, obviously I use this brush to apply my blush, I just find it fits my face perfectly for applying the blush and the brush is also very soft which is a definite plus.
 |
| Real Techniques - Blush brush |
The next topic I will be covering is Skincare, I don't use much in my skincare routine as my skin is quite good, not the best but good enough.
The main part in my skincare routine is moisturizer, I have to be careful with moisturizer as my skin reacts to most of them, but this one is possibly the best I've ever used and its the Simple kind to skin hydrating light moisturizer, i use this daily and also as a night time moisturizer as it make my skin look and feel good.
 |
| Simple kind to skin hydrating light moisturizer |
I occasionally use toner but i forget it most times but lately I've been using it constantly and the one I've reached towards the most is my Lush breath of fresh air toner, I like this because I know its all natural, I love using this to get off the last bit of my makeup, my skin feels so clean after I use this.
 |
| Lush - Breath of fresh air toner |
To take off my makeup I use Nivea daily essentials 2in1 Cleanser & Toner, I feel like most of my makeup is taken off with this and it makes my skin feel extremely soft after using it.
 |
| Nivea daily essentials 2in1 cleanser & toner |
Lately I've been using eye makeup remover and I've never used others before so I cant give recommendations but I've been loving my Nivea daily essentials double effect eye makeup remover, I used makeup remover wipes before which made my eyes sore and pulled out my eyelashes but now since using this it hasn't been like that, it makes taking off my eye makeup so much easier.
 |
| Nivea daily essentials double effect eye makeup remover |
These last two, i didn't know weather or not to put them in my skincare, first its a primer, Obviously I only use this before putting on my makeup, again I haven't used any other primers before but this on just make my skin smooth minimizes my pores, hydrates my skin and makes my makeup go on smoother the primer is the Nivea daily essentials express hydration primer, as you can probably tell I like the Daily essentials line..
 |
| Nivea daily essentials express hydration primer |
The last product is a lip scrub, the one I use is the Lush Bubblegum, it smells amazing, looks amazing and does its job well and I cant say anything more about this just that it work perfectly...
 |
| Lush lip scrub - Bubblegum |
This is the first part of my favorites and the next part will be up on Wednesday, Hope you enjoyed reading it.
Thanks for reading byye :)
Jodi
x
Comments